Monday, October 3, 2011

Baby Mobile

Ever since Olivia was born I wanted to make her a mobile for her room but didn't know what I wanted to do.  There are ideas all over the place but of course, the most difficult part is deciding on what to do! 

I found one I loved at HomemadeByJill.  She has a link to the template she used.  I printed it out and decided to make mine a little bigger.  They are very similar with some minor differences.
Here are the pieces I cut.

(They look so funny laid out like that!)


 Here they are stacked up before sewing.  The eyes are little black buttons sewn on the white felt.


Here is the finished product!


I am SO proud of it!


 The owls are so cute!  They are all different colors and their eyes are looking in different directions.


Here is the back of the owls...


 I put a little heart for the tail! 


 Love it! 


Here is the tree that hangs in the middle.  It's so cute!


Here is one of the flowers.


I used a blanket stitch to sew all the pieces together and stuffed them with fluff!


 I really am so proud if it!


The only problem, is I need to figure out how to hang it!  Right now it's hanging on the fan!  Although she loves it when we turn the fan and the owls start flying!  





No comments:

Post a Comment