Saturday, October 15, 2011

Thin Crust Pizza



 I have recently discovered Big Lots...Don't get me wrong, I have been there tons of times before, but never really paid attention to the food section.  I thought their food would be kinda scary, if you know what I mean.  The old stuff that no one else would sell.  But it's not!

My husband is actually the one that got us started shopping for food items there.  He went one day then asked me if I realized that they had really good prices on baby food?  I did not realize that, but now, that;s where we shop for baby food!  

We went to Walmart the other day and saw that the stage 2 baby food was on sale for $0.63....the same food was regular price at Big Lots for $0.30!!! 

That's quite a difference!  After stocking up on baby food, we walked through the food aisles and were surprised by the low prices as compared to Walmart or Kroger.  We bought all kinds of food there!  You can't use coupons at Big Lots, but with their prices, there are several things I found that were cheaper than I could get somewhere else with coupons! 

Last weekend they had a 20% off sale.  20% off your total purchase!  We bought more baby food (of course) among other things.  One thing we bought was this pizza crust for $1.00. 


Yes, ONE DOLLAR!!!


My hubby loves thin crust pizzas so I thought we should try this, especially since we were only going to pay $0.80 for it! 
My hubby's favorite toppings on the pizzas that I make are pepperoni, pineapples, and black olives.  It might sound strange, but it's SO good!  

The pepperoni we already had and the pineapple and olives we also got at Big Lots.  The total amount spent on this dinner for us was $4.50 minus the 20%!  Now that;s what I call a great dinner on a budget!!



It came out very crispy! 


Look how thin!


It was so good!  

 
For my little man, we are trying to get him to eat everything that we eat (it's just easier that way!)

So I made him a pizzadilla!  My husband looked at me all crazy-like when I told him that.  A pizza-quesadilla! I just took a tortilla and put the fillings on one half of them, folded it over and put it in the oven with the pizza.  After a few minutes I turned it over.  It came out great!


The outside was crispy and the inside was gooey!  I took a bite and it was really good!


I figured he would like itand I guess he did, because this is his plate when he was done...


I can't believe he ate EVERY bit of it!  I will have to make this more often for him.  And for us too because it looked really good!

So if you have never looked at the food at Big Lots, I suggest you check it out!  Esppecially for baby food and if they are having a sale like that!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment