Monday, October 24, 2011

Freezer Pineapple Orange Chicken




Let's start this post by saying, "I love freezer meals"! 

It's true!  They are wonderful!  I have never tried to do the Once A Month cooking method, just because I don't know that it would really work for me personally.  However, I do love to double recipes and put some in the freezer for later.  It makes things really easy!

Some of my personal favorite things to put in the freezer are lasagna, mexican lasagna and spaghetti sauce.  I make huge batches of spaghetti sauce and freeze a bunch of it.

When I was pregnant with baby #2, my mom made us some Pineapple Orange Chicken for us  to have after the baby was here.  Well...we just had the other day!  So, it does keep well in the freezer for a while!

My mom put this great label on the freezer bag to make it easy to know the directions.  I have found that sometimes when I thaw freezer meals they tend to leak, so I always put another bag on the outside of the original bag when I go to put it in the fridge to thaw. 


I did things a little differently than instructed.  I didn't have any regular rice (only minute rice) so I just cooked the chicken mixture in the oven and cooked some minute rice on the stove. 

It seemed a little runny when it came out of the oven, but I'm sure if I had cooked it with the rice, it wouldn't have been that way, but I just poured a little of the juice over the rice. 


I liked this meal a lot!


I poured some soy sauce over the top of it and it was fabulous! 


I even had seconds!  (Shhh!)

No comments:

Post a Comment