Monday, August 6, 2012

Kitchen-Aid Mixer Makeover

Let me start this post by saying, I LOVE MY KITCHEN-AID MIXER!!!

 

It has got to be one of my very favorite kitchen appliances! My mother-in-law gave it to me a few years ago for Christmas, and now I don't know how I would live without it! I definitely wouldn't do as much baking as I do now! It makes whipping up some frosting super simple! I also love to use it for mixing dips that are made with cream cheese, as those are always hard to stir and make my arm feel like it is going to fall off!

 

I love that the mixers come in so many colors! I have the white one. I love it! It's so clean and goes with anything! But I have to admit even though I love mine, I have always lusted after the turquoise one!

 

 

One day I was at Walmart and saw this blue/glittery paint that I really liked.

 

 

After testing it on some paper, I really fell in love with it! Every time I looked at the paint all I could think of was how amazing a Kitchen-Aid mixer would look painted like that!

 

So one day I just decided I was going to do it...I was going to paint my mixer!

 

First, I put a layer of Mod Podge all over it, then I started painting. I had to put several coats of the blue paint on so you couldn't see the white through it. I think it ended up being about 3 or 4 coats. It took 3 bottles!

 

In this picture, you can see the streaks of paint and the white underneath on the base.

 

 

But after adding a few more coats it looks perfect!!! And the finished product...

 

 

I absolutely LOVE it!!! It turned out just as good as I pictured!!

 

Here is a close up so you can see the sparkle.

 

 

It especially looks good under the lights on my cabinets!

 

 

I am so happy with how it turned out! I used to put my mixer up when I wasn't using it, but now it has a permanent home on the counter! Every time I look at it I feel so proud!

 

 

So for less than $6 I got a new mixer!! ...ok, it's not really new, but now I have a new love for it!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment