Sunday, July 31, 2011

Crafts for Kids Names

Before Griffin was born I to do something with his name. I had done decoupage letters before and wanted to do something similar. This is what I came up with...


Naturally, I wanted to do something for Olivia too. All the paper that I tried was all too busy and didn't really go with the room. So I decided to paint her something! In school, I was always a "doodler". People used to tell me I was such a good artist, to which I would always say, "I'm not an artist, I'm a doodler!" So I put my doodling (is that a word?) skills to work!!


Under her name it says "Daughters are like angels sent from above to fill our hearts with unending love".

I am so proud of it!! And I love that it's the kind of thing she can have in her room for a long time! I hope she will like it when she gets older!

Here is a picture of it with the border that's on her wall...I love that too!

And in case you haven't already noticed, the kids had the same room! Griffin's room was painted blue, green and brown and had brown furniture. When we found out we were having a girl my husband's worst fear was that he was going to have to paint the room again! So we agreed to try to figure out something so that we wouldn't have to paint the whole room. Here is what we did...

This was Griffin's room:



When we got pregnant with Olivia, we moved Griffin to a bigger room and kept this one as Olivia's room. We added a little pink (which was surprising to a lot of people, including myself!) and made it a girl's room!




I love Olivia's room and my hubby and I both love that we didn't have to do a lot of painting...or any, for that matter!

No comments:

Post a Comment