Thursday, July 28, 2011

Crockpot Fajitas


One of our favorite devices in our house is our Keurig Coffee Maker. I didn't used to drink much coffee, usually only one cup, and my husband would make a big pot before he left for work and I would end up pouring out so much and I hated that wastefulness. So for Christmas we received a Keurig and we love it! At first, I wasn't crazy about the idea of having to buy the little cups. I thought it would be too expensive, especially compared to buying the big tubs of coffee, but it really isn't that bad, and the convenience is something we really like.

Having said all that, we are both addicted to our coffee! Last Sunday I went in to get my morning cup and all the regular coffee was gone!! I got a little irritated about that, but my hubby went to the store and got some. I got online and ordered some from keurig.com. We were amazed that it was delivered on Tuesday! Wow, that was fast!!

And I swear, the delivery boy was the best looking delivery boy I have ever seen! He even brought the box all the way into the kitchen for me. I had to take some pictures of him...



Good looking delivery boy, right?!


He did such a good job too! Even though the box was about as big as he was!

----------------------------

Last night Tommy made some Crockpot Beef Fajitas from the Fix-It and Forget-It Lightly book. They were surprisingly good!! And easy! Have I mentioned how much I LOVE the slow cooker? It just makes life (and dinner) so much easier!!!

To be honest, this is the kind of recipe that I look at and say, "oh there's too many ingredients." Yep, I am one of those people. Too many ingredients and I don't even give it a chance. But this recipe has most of the things that I already had, so we gave it a try.

Crockpot Steak Fajitas

1 1/2 lbs beef flank steak, sliced in thin strips
2 15 oz cans diced tomatoes, with garlic and onion, undrained
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 med. sized onions, sliced
2 med sized green bell peppers, cut in strips
2 med sized red bell peppers, cut in strips
12 6" flour tortillas, warmed

1. In slow cooker place first 7 ingredients. Cover, cook on low for 7 hours.
2. Add onions and peppers. Cook for another 1-2 hours until vegetables are tender.
3. Using a slotted spoon to serve onto tortillas.
4. Top with favorite fajita toppings...lettuce, cheese, sour cream, guacamole, etc.
5. Enjoy!

Here it is in the crockpot.


These were really good! We were very impressed at the meat. It had a shredded texture that was very yummy. The veggies were perfect! My hubby said, "If you served that to me on a skillet, I would think I was at a Mexican restaurant!"


The I think next time we make these, we will add a little more seasoning though. We talked about adding a can of diced green chilies and maybe even a little more garlic.

----------------------------

In other news, this is what I see lately when I look out my back door...


Yes, that is a rooster! And a chicken behind it! We currently have 9 chickens at our house and my husband has decided to let them out occasionally and let them run around in the backyard. It's very odd to be sitting on the couch and to see a chicken looking at you through the door!

My husband is a very country boy...I am NOT! I guess I am learning to be a little more "country" than I used to be, but I am not very happy about it!! I think "Green Acres" is our theme song!! I guess what they say about opposites attract is true!

No comments:

Post a Comment