Sunday, July 10, 2011

Car Seat Cover


I have seen lots of car seat covers all over the internet. I never really understood why you would need one until a couple of months ago. My kids and I were at Wal-Mart when a downpour came just as we were about to leave. It was getting warm outside, so I just had a light blanket for the baby. Before we walked out I just threw the blanket over her car seat. While walking, the wind was blowing and I kept having to pull the blanket back down. When I put her in the car and pulled the blanket off, I realized water had gone through the blanket. She wasn't as soaked as she would have been without the blanket, but I understood why you might want a proper cover.

So after looking all over online, I decided to just make one. Here it is:


And here is the open view:

I absolutely LOVE this! It is really thick, so there is no way rain is getting in there, and it would have to be crazy windy to blow it off! It keeps the blistering sun off of her during the summer and will be great for winter time too! I love the fabric pattern I used! Not typical for me, but I am so happy with it! I just might have a new love of it!

It was super simple to make too! I might have to make some of these for baby showers...hmm? Maybe!!

No comments:

Post a Comment