Friday, July 15, 2011

"Grilled" Chicken



Last night I made something new for dinner and it was SOO YUMMY!!! I found a recipe called "Grilled Chicken Tenders (Without the Grill). It looked so easy and pretty good, so I decided to give it a try. I changed it just a little. If you want the original recipe you can find it here, otherwise this is how I made it.

"Grilled" Chicken (Without the Grill)

4 Chicken Breasts cut into tenders
1 cup Zesty Italian dressing
3 tsp lime juice
4 tsp honey

Mix dressing, lime juice and honey in big ziplock bag. (No since in making more mess than is necessary!) Put chicken into bag and mix around real good. Make sure everything is covered! Refrigerate for at least an hour.

Pour entire contents of bag into large skillet on medium heat. Every once in a while (about every 10 mins) I moved the chicken around and turned it over. ( I was worried about it burning, but it didn't.) Let it cook for about an hour. Over time, the liquid will start to caramelize on the chicken. That's the Yummy part!

Before getting the chicken out, rub it around the pan to get all the yummy gooey stuff on it! It should look like this:

We also had some Ranch Potatoes that were very yummy too!

Ranch Potatoes

8 Red Potatoes, diced
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
3 Tbsp Ranch Seasoning

***This is where I should probably say something about my cooking style. I'm not very good at measuring! There, I said it! Even when I do measure things perfectly for a recipe, I usually end up adding something else. This is a recipe that I got from the back of the Ranch seasoning packet. So if you want to follow it perfectly, you can find it there.

Pre-heat over to 450 degrees. Put the diced potatoes into a big ziplock bag. Pour oil on top of potatoes and mix around really well. Then pour the ranch seasoning in too and mix around. (I probably used about 4 or so Tbsp of the Ranch. Just use however much you think you will like.)

Cover cookie sheet with non-stick foil and pour potatoes on. Put in preheated oven for 45 mins.

After taking the potatoes out, I thought they were a bit dry so I poured them in a bowl and hit them with a little Italian dressing. ( I would have used Ranch, but am on a non-dairy diet since apparently my baby has a milk allergy and I am breastfeeding, and I cannot have a little bit of Ranch, as it will make me want MORE!!!) Then toss them around and serve.



This dinner was SO good! I am definitely going to put the recipe on my go-to list! It was very easy!


I know the chicken looks kind of skimpy in these pictures, but this was actually my lunch the next day of leftovers. It reheated really well!!

No comments:

Post a Comment