Thursday, July 14, 2011

Las Vegas Cake

Today is my Mother-In-Law's birthday! Last year on her birthday my hubby and I took her to Bonefish to have her birthday dinner and we surprised her with a cake. She has always wanted to go to Las Vegas and she loves playing slots, so I made her a Vegas cake!

It was a strawberry cake with white buttercream frosting.


All the decorations are made with fondant.


The slot wheels are white fondant with the pictures painted on using food gel and vodka. The coins on top are just yellow frosting.


The Happy Birthday Mom "Las Vegas" sign was made with gumpaste and painted.

I absolutely love this cake!! I was so proud of it!! I also kind of impressed myself with it because it was a last minute thing. I asked my husband that day if he wanted me to make her a cake for her birthday. He said yes, but it doesn't have to be a big deal. So I baked and decorated this cake in one day! Of course, at that time I only had one very small baby who pretty much just ate and slept all day! I definitely could NOT do that now!!


No comments:

Post a Comment