Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Pineapple Chicken in the Crockpot


Have I mentioned how much I love the crockpot?

I have a new-found appreciation for it lately. With two kids that seem to take everything out of me lately, it is really hard to try to think about what to have for dinner and then get in the kitchen and cook it.

We have tried to do the monthly schedule of meals, but that just doesn't work for us. If we have something "scheduled" for dinner, then it's inevitable that we just really don't want that, or we have an idea for something else, or something just comes up. We have tried several times and I have given up on that idea.

Then we tried to just do it week-by-week...that didn't really work out either. Maybe we are just difficult that way...

I have finally figured out what works for us! My hubby and I sit down at one point at the beginning of the month and go through some options of what we have on hand for dinners. Then we talk about new recipes and things and what we would need to get in order to have those. Then we make a Monthly Menu. We go to the store and get all the things we need to be able to make everything on our menu. That way, it's more like going to a restaurant where you have several choices.

Luckily I have a hubby who doesn't mind coming home and cooking sometimes! That way if I've had a tough day with the kids then he can just pick something from the menu and make it, and doesn't have to stand in front of the fridge or pantry trying to decide what to fix. This makes it much easier on both of us!

Ok, now on to one of our favorite super simple crockpot meals...

We seem to always have these ingredients on hand. All you need is

4 -6 chicken thighs (they can be frozen)
soy sauce
pineapple tidbits
red pepper flakes


Throw it all in the crockpot. ( I always spray the crockpot with cooking spray first)


Cook on low for 8 hours.


That's it! So simple and so good! We usually have this with yellow rice. Or you could have it with white or brown rice.

I highly recommend you try this! And if you don't like spicy food, still try the red pepper flakes. I don't like anything spicy but they give it just a little more flavor. If you like things hot, then just add more!

Also, I have made this with chicken breasts and we just didn't like it as well. The chicken thighs get so tender and completely fall apart and we liked that better than the chicken breasts that seemed to get kinda tough.


Crockpot Pineapple Chicken

4-6 chicken thighs (can use frozen)
8 oz can pineapple tidbits
4 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp red pepper flakes

Put all ingredients in slow cooker. Cover. Cook on low for 6 hours or high 3-4 hours.



No comments:

Post a Comment