Monday, August 8, 2011

Resize A Skirt

I haven't had a lot of time to craft lately...unfortunately. These two kids keep me pretty busy!

The last time I got a chance to get my sewing machine out it was to fix a skirt for my baby girl. She had this cute little outfit that had a skirt with an elastic waist. The elastic was not tight at all. I knew if I didn't fix it that by the time she could fit into the skirt, the shirt would be too small for her, and the skirt probably would be too tight.Here is the skirt before...


As you can see, there is no gather at the top of the skirt. Again, there is elastic at the top, and I'm not sure what the point of it was! So I cut a slit on the inside of the waist of the skirt and pulled the elastic out an inch on both sides. I didn't want to make it too tight, but I wanted it not to fall right off of her!


Now you can see that there are gathers in the waist. It actually fits her now!
Here is my beautiful model!


She got tired of sitting up. Modeling is very hard work, ya know!


And her skirt fits!

No comments:

Post a Comment