Sunday, August 7, 2011

Mushroom Onion Potatoes



Do you ever get tired of having the same old sides with dinner? We do! I'm always trying to think of new ways to have veggies with dinner.

The other day I decided to try something new with potatoes.

I took a few of our favorite things and threw them in the crockpot and hoped for something edible!! The result was pretty darn good! I named it Mushroom Onion Potatoes...for obvious reasons...

First let me tell you about a special ingredient. This is Soul Seasoning.

This is similar to Lawry's Seasoned Salt, but has more flavor. We use it all the time! I have only seen this at Sav-A-Lot and am not sure if you can get it anywhere else. This was my father-in-laws secret to his AMAZING ribs...man I miss those! If you can find it, you should try it, if not then Lawry's will work.

Spray crockpot with cooking spray. Use whatever kind of potatoes you want/like. Peel and slice. Lay one row onto bottom of crockpot. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and soul seasoning.


On top of potatoes put some diced mushrooms and onions.


Keep layering until finished. Pour about two cups of beef broth over potatoes.



Cover. Cook on high for 4 hours. I stirred it once or twice because I was worried about it burning on the bottom.



Simple!


We had these with Crockpot Meatloaf. They were really good! The potatoes were tender and well seasoned. I will definitely make them again!




Mushroom Onion Potatoes

6 small baking potatoes, sliced
2 cans diced mushrooms
1 onion (because that’s all I had) diced
Beef stock-about 2 cups
Salt & pepper
Soul seasoning

1. Spray crockpot with cooking spray
2. Lay one layer of potatoes in bottom of crockpot. Sprinkle salt and pepper and soul seasoning to taste.
3. Top with ½ can of mushrooms and ¼ of the onion.
4. Repeat layers until finished.
5. Pour beef stock on top.
6. Cover cook on high for 4 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment