Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Sweet & Sour Chicken

When I was growing up, I remember that my mom used to make dinner all the time. My mom, dad and me would sit down to family dinners just about every night. I hope my kids have the same kind of memories!

One of my favorite dinners that my mom would make was Sweet and Sour Chicken! I actually didn't know that's what it was called until last week! I always called it the chicken with the red sauce.

Last week my hubby was out of town, so I took the kids to my mom's house for dinner and she made one of my favorite dinners!

It's so simple to make! All you need is 4-5 chicken breasts, 1 package Lipton Onion Soup mix, 1 jar apricot preserves, 1 bottle Russian dressing.


Mix the onion soup mix, apricot preserves, and dressing.



Pour mixture over chicken.


Spread mixture to make sure all the chicken is covered.



Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.



So yummy!



In all the excitement of having this for dinner, I totally forgot to take a picture of my plate! Oops! So I just took pictures of the chicken breasts we had left over!

We had this with yellow rice and "Granny" green beans....because they were my favorites growing up too! "Granny" green beans are beans that my Granny grows and cans. They are SO yummy!

I hope you make this for your family and they love it as much as I do! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment