Tuesday, February 28, 2012

I HAVE PROOF!!!

I hate laundry!  

I know, it's not shocking...I mean, who does?  But I think my least favorite part (besides putting the piles into the washer, putting the wet clothes into the dryer, cleaning the lint out of the dryer, folding and hanging up everything) is matching socks.  It irritates me to no end that the socks never seem to match up.  I just don't get it.  Socks go in, but they don't come out.  It's the stinkin' washer and dryer, not Hotel California!  I've heard people joking about how the dryer must eat socks and as far as I can tell, that is the only explanation. 

My husband in notorious for leaving things in his pockets.  I have found all kinds of things in the washer and dryer.  Bottle caps, wadded up paper, pens, paper clips, probably 3 sets of ear buds...just to name a few!  

The other day I was loading the washer when I saw a little corner of something sticking out of the seal on the front of the washing machine.  I pulled the seal back and literally screamed!  This is what I saw...



Can you see that?   

Let's get a little closer...


 SOCKS!!!  There are socks INSIDE the seal!

After getting over the initial shock, I took everything out of there.  I thought about taking a picture of the contents, but decided to spare you!

There were ten...let me repeat...TEN socks, and three Purex 3-in-1 laundry sheets.

Wow!  I don't know about you, but that is just very disturbing to me!

So now I have proof that the washing machine really does eat socks! 

I guess the public service announcement part of this story is that if you have a front load washing machine, make sure you clean out the seal occasionally!

 



2 comments:

  1. I just spit coke all over my laptop. I am now on my way to checkout my washer. Thanks for the laugh and info.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry!! Thank you for the laugh too!! I'm glad I hadn't just taken a drink, or I probably would have done the same thing!

    Let me know if you find anything!! :)

    ReplyDelete