Friday, February 24, 2012

Princess Baby Shower

My sister-in-law is getting ready to have a baby girl!  I am so excited to be an Aunt!  So last weekend I gave her a baby shower.  

 She decided she wants to do a Princess theme in the nursery, but not Disney princesses.  So I did the same theme for the shower!


I found these adorable plates and napkins...I forgot to take a picture of them, but these were the ones we used.



Here is the cake I made to match the plates and tablecloth.


I also made a little cake for the mommy-to-be to take home to share with the daddy-to-be!  I thought that was a nice little thing for them to share! 


I didn't have a small cake box to put it in, so I got one of my tall containers I got from IKEA, turned it upside down, and just decorated the cake on the lid.  Then the container could be put on top and they could easily carry it home!


The flash on this picture was a little too bright, but these are pink (strawberry flavored) marshmallows dipped in chocolate and white chocolate. 

They are sitting in foam boards that I covered with tissue paper.


 These are pink wafers also dipped in chocolate and white chocolate.



I wanted to do something with the baby's initial on it and finally decided to do this the easy way...

These are fudge oreos that I piped a "G" on.


 I had a special request from our mother-in-law for these tortilla rolls!  They were so good! 


 And salsa for dipping, of course!


Pasta salad


 This is a super easy and very yummy cheese ball with crackers.


Cocktail smokies in sauce.


And these are garlic chicken puffs.  They were amazing!


Here is the food table. 


I have a ton of newborn diapers left over from when I had my little girl.  I wanted to use them to make a diaper cake, but I didn't want to do the regular kind of cake.  So after thinking about it, I decided to make a castle for the princess!  

This is not the best picture, but you can still see it!


We had pink lemonade 


and raspberry punch to drink.




Now onto the decorations!

I found some great princess decorations at the Dollar Tree!  These are felt wall hangings that the mother took with her to put in the nursery.


There were two purple crowns, 



and two pink castles!


This board was covered with tissue paper that has little castles and crowns on it.  I painted Georgia's name with purple, sparkly paint.


My mother-in-law found a painting that she loved and asked me if I could paint something similar.  It says, 

"Once upon a time
There was a little princess named...
Georgia"

 

 On the mantle, I hung some bibs and two onesies that I decorated.



The cake was pink and white zebra print on the inside!

 
This is the first time I have tried this, and I think it turned out so cool!!


This is all we had left of the cake!


I think Georgia racked up!  She is going to be one stylish baby girl!


Aunt Amy can't wait to meet you sweet baby Georgia!!





No comments:

Post a Comment