Sunday, March 4, 2012

Pound Cake

I got an email today that informed me that today is National Pound Cake Day!  Who knew?! So I figured I should make a pound cake!

I remembered making one a long time ago that my hubby really liked, so I dug through my recipes and found it!  I originally got the recipe from Pillsbury, but changed it around.  (My way is better!)


Just the name brings forth sounds of joy from your mouth, doesn't it?  Well, just wait until you try it!

Here is what you need...
Box yellow cake mix
Small box white chocolate Jello pudding
Peanut butter
2 12oz bags chocolate chips
1 tsp vanilla flavoring
3 eggs
1 cup milk



Mix cake mix, pudding, eggs, milk, 1 bag chocolate chips, 1/2 cup peanut butter, and vanilla flavoring.  Pour into well greased bunt pan.

Bake on 350 degrees for 45 mins.  Until toothpick inserted comes out clean.  

While cake is cooling, make chocolate topping.  In a small saucepan mix one bag chocolate chips and 1/2 cup peanut butter.  Melt over medium heat, stirring constantly.  When smooth, pour over bunt cake. 


You can half the icing recipe, but I like lots of this smooth chocolate topping.  It's pretty amazing!


In this cake, I didn't add any vanilla flavoring.  I thought it was just as good, so if you don't have any, then don't worry about it!


As you can see in the picture above, there is a lot of the chocolate icing.  I am the type of person that doesn't believe there is such a thing as too much chocolate!  


This cake cooled for a while, but I served it a little warm...it was AMAZING!!! 


The middle of the cake is moist, and the outside is a little crispy.  I love the outside part!  Not to mention it has chocolate chips all through it and it smothered in chocolate....man my mouth is watering while typing this!  I might have to go have another piece!  Just a little one!! 

I think I soon I will have to try this in cookie form.  I am thinking they will be very good that way too!

Please let me know if you make this cake!  I would love to see it and hear about it!




No comments:

Post a Comment