Friday, August 5, 2011

"Grilled" Chicken...Again!

I have been having some internet problems, so I have not been able to update for a while...sorry about that!

The first time I had this "Grilled" Chicken I thought it was SO good! Could be some of the best chicken I have ever made!

So I wanted to make it again. My hubby said he liked it too, but thought the chicken was too thick. So I told him I would make it this time in bite size pieces. Here is how I did it this time, with lots of pics!

Ingredients

4 Chicken Breast Filets, cut in bite size pieces

1 cup Zesty Italian

3 tsp lime juice

4 tsp honey


Pour dressing, lime juice and honey into gallon size ziplock bag and mix well.


Throw cut up chicken into bag with marinade. Refrigerate for an hour or overnight.


Pour entire contents of bag into skillet on medium heat.


Let cook for about an hour.

This is after 10 minutes.


After 20 minutes...


...30 minutes...

(You can see the juices starting to cook down.)



After 40 minutes.


At this time you should let your assistant take a little break. Make sure he has a comfy place to sit!


After 50 minutes.


It has been cooking for 1 hour now. Usually the tenders would be done by now, and have soaked up all the yummy gooey-ness, but these took a little longer.


1 hour 10 minutes...


Ok, finally done! And SO worth it!

We had it with some rice and a salad. Yummy!!


Honestly, I liked the tenders better. These chicken pieces were too small to let them cook that long and it made them a little tough. But they were still good!

Next time I make these, I will probably pound out the chicken a little to make it thinner and cut the breasts into tenders. If you are going to make this, then that's what I suggest you do too! Let me know how you like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment